1. BuildMyBod starts the conversation about plastic surgery. BuildMyBod is a consumer-searchable database of plastic surgeon-provided pricing information on cosmetic procedures that customers want. The ultimate question every patient has that’s interested in cosmetic surgery is, “How much is it going to cost?” BuildMyBod allows them to determine cost prior to going in for a consultation. After getting pricing information, they may not book surgery right then, but it starts the conversation with their BuildMyBod physician and eventually, if they get surgery, they’ll get it from the doctor that provided cost details through BuildMyBod.
2. BuildMyBod is the brainchild of Jonathan Kaplan, a board certified plastic surgeon. The idea came to him while getting a haircut! Dr. Kaplan noticed patients were calling and calling the office to ask about price. That’s a lot of information to give over the phone. So why not put a pricing calculator online and get the patient’s contact information in return for procedure pricing details?!
3. BuildMyBod has a great consumer following. Potential patients are viewing physician listings on BuildMyBod 38,000 times per month.
4. BuildMyBod is everywhere! The pricing database exists as a stand-alone website, an iPhone/iPad app, an embeddable widget in a plastic surgeon’s private practice website and Facebook and as a pricing tab on RealPatientRatings.com!
5. BuildMyBod has the largest centralized database of plastic surgery pricing. Its database of procedure pricing from 86 plastic surgeons in the US and Australia is growing fast…..and soon coming to Nigeria!
6. BuildMyBod can increase patient leads by nine times! Just by incorporating BuildMyBod as a tab on a plastic surgeon’s website, patients seize the opportunity to check out the doctor’s pricing in exchange for providing the doctor with their contact information.
7. Patients are 21% more likely to book surgery if they know pricing information prior to the consultation. According to this study by RealPatientRatings.com, patients were more likely to book surgery at the time of their consultation if they knew what to expect in regards to price.
8. BuildMyBod is expanding. BuildMyBod provides price transparency in the world of cosmetic surgery. But price transparency is needed elsewhere (even outside of cosmetic surgery). The BuildMyBod pricing database is expanding to dermatology, facial plastic surgeons, veterinarians and dentists.
9. BuildMyBod and High-Deductible Health Plans. If a patient has a high-deductible health plan and needs a lab test or an X-ray, they’ll probably pay for it out-of-pocket since those types of tests will be less than the deductible. Since the patient is paying out-of-pocket, it would be nice to know the radiology or lab-testing facility near them that offers that test for the lowest price. BuildMyBod thinks it would be nice too! Which is why it’s working with insurance companies to bring this price transparency to the public.
10. BuildMyBod offers Promos! Doctors on BuildMyBod, they can offer specials on non-surgical procedures online. By sending their database of patients an email announcing a non-surgical promotion, BuildMyBod doctors make it possible for the consumer to purchase Botox or a filler online at a discounted price. They then come into the physician’s office at their convenience to have the purchased service. Online purchasing and scheduling at the patient’s convenience – all made possible through BuildMyBod Promos!