An analysis of four studies conducted by Eli Lilly, the maker of Mounjaro and Zepbound, found seven factors that were significantly linked with ≥15% weight loss when taking their blockbuster medications.
According to this Medscape overview,
- Investigators conducted a post hoc analysis of data collected from a total of 3188 people with type 2 diabetes who had been adherent to their assigned tirzepatide regimen for 40–42 weeks in any one of four pivotal trials of the agent: SURPASS-1, SURPASS-2, SURPASS-3, and SURPASS-4.
- Higher tirzepatide dose
- Being female
- Being of White or Asian race
- Being of younger age
- Undergoing treatment with metformin
- Having better glycemic control (based on lower A1c and lower fasting serum glucose)
- Having lower non-high-density lipoprotein non-HDL) cholesterol level.
Do these factors describe you?
To find a provider near you with these medications, please visit BuildMyBod.com/weight-management and if you’re a provider looking to implement a weight management program into your practice, request an account here.