Red flags are something a potential patient does (or doesn’t do) that can portend future problems. After 12 years of practice, I’m getting better at noticing these red flags but there’s always room for a heightened sense of awareness. Check out our “listicle” below for a few of these red flags. In case you’ve never seen the word before, a listicle is an article whose content is a list.
- 1. Credit card not present to pay for services, ie tries to pay with a photo of a credit card
- 2. Is rude to the front office staff and nurse, but nice to the doctor
- 3. Everything is a production from paying the consult fee to filling out the standard patient paperwork
- 4. Complains about other doctors
- 5. Thinks of Yelp as a weapon
- 6. Asks a question but doesn’t listen to the answer
- 7. Doesn’t accept your opinion because of something they read online
- 8. Their wish pics are totally detached from reality
- 9. “This is my 8th consultation” (2 or 3 are reasonable)
- 10. They send a follow up email with tons of questions that were already answered in the consultation
If you think of others, please add them to the comments section below.