KP Innovations, LLC Privacy Statement PDF Version
This Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") explains how KP Innovations, LLC ("KP Innovations") uses personal information ("Personal Information") and applies to all new users who register at BuildMyBod.com (the "Website") on or after the Effective Date. This Privacy Statement will apply on 5/1/2012 If you do not agree to our practices, please do not register, subscribe, create an account, purchase a voucher from BuildMyBod.com (the "Voucher"), or otherwise interact with KP Innovations at the Website (or the mobile and touch versions), and any individual, business partner- specific, merchant-specific, city-specific, or other area-specific sites we offer (collectively, the "Sites").
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our privacy practices or this Privacy Statement. You can reach us online at BuildMyBod.com/support. You can reach us via postal mail at the following address:
KP Innovations, LLC
Attention: Privacy Office
7777 Hennessy Blvd., PMB #109 Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808
1. Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
• Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of KP Innovations.
• Purchase Information about how you interact with KP Innovations, such as the Vouchers you view, purchase and redeem; other information about how you use our Sites, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with KP Innovations physician merchants.
• Financial Account Information as needed to process payments for Vouchers that you buy, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
2. How KP Innovations Collects Personal Information
We ask you for Personal Information (including Contact Information and Financial Account Information) when you register, subscribe, create an account, purchase Vouchers, or otherwise interact with the Sites or contact KP Innovations.
We also collect Transaction Information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as for customer support purposes.
We collect information that you provide us about other people when you purchase Vouchers as gifts, including those persons' Contact Information. We create transaction records of your gift to those persons.
If you use a social media platform or your mobile device (or other method of communication) to interact with KP Innovations or the Sites, the application may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of Personal Information related to that application. For example, if you use a KP Innovations mobile application and your mobile device's settings allow it, we may collect Mobile Location Information from your device. Our application may be designed to collect information even if you are not logged into the KP Innovations application or the Sites. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
3. KP Innovations Use of Personal Information:
KP Innovations uses Personal Information to:
• Operate and improve our Sites;
• Provide customers with offers for products and services from participating physicians;
• Facilitate orders for Vouchers, including their purchase and redemption;
• Track redemption of Vouchers and perform other analytics;
• Provide customer support, including to our merchants or business partners;
• Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about KP Innovations and our physician merchants and business partners, such as news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials; and
4. Personal Information Disclosure: When and Why KP Innovations Discloses Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
• Affiliated companies who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above.
• Our service providers that provide services for us such as sending emails on our behalf and processing payments. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
• Physicians, but only to the extent you have purchased or redeemed a Voucher offered by the physician, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through the Website on behalf of the physician. We may also provide physicians with Personal Information about the individuals who have purchased the physicians' Vouchers, to validate the purchases, to aid and troubleshoot redemption, to combat fraud, as part of legal proceedings affecting KP Innovations and the physician, and to facilitate a direct relationship between physicians and customers and enable physicians to communicate electronically with customers who purchased the physicians' Vouchers.
• Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If KP Innovations is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
• We encourage physicians who offer Vouchers through KP Innovations, Physicians and business partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personal Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
5. Cookies and Related Technologies
We engage in remarketing to market our sites across the web. When a user visits our site, a cookie is placed on the user. Users with this cookie may be targeted across advertising networks to receive relevant advertisements. You may opt out of this ad using the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt-out page (http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp).
An "Internet protocol address" or "IP Address" is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. In some cases your IP Address stays the same from browser session to browser session; but if you use a consumer internet access provider, your IP Address probably varies from session to session. For example, we, or our service providers, may track your IP Address when you access KP Innovations to assist with ad targeting.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer's hard drive while you are viewing a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience with KP Innovations. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser help file directions. In order to use our services offered through KP Innovations, your web browser must accept Cookies. If you choose to disable Cookies, some aspects of KP Innovations may not work properly, and you may not be able to receive our services.
7. Your Choices
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of deals you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to KP Innovations, and you can limit the communications that KP Innovations sends to you.
You can manage your email preferences by logging into your account through the Sites, entering the "My Account" section. You can also manage your subscriptions by following subscription management instructions contained in the commercial messages that we send you. You may update your subscription preferences from time to time. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases. For example, even if you have unsubscribed from our promotional email messages, we will still send you confirmations when you purchase Vouchers.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online at http://preferences.truste.com/truste/.
You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share Location Information with KP Innovations, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or application. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between KP Innovations and your social media account or your mobile device.
If you wish to opt out of receiving offers directly from KP Innovations merchants or business partners, you can follow the "Unsubscribe" instructions in the emails that they send you.
8. Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Keeping Personal Information about you current helps ensure that we offer you the best deals available through our merchants and business partners. You can do several things to help keep Personal Information about you current. You can access, update and delete the information you provided to use in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the "My Account" section of the Site or sending us an email at BuildMyBod.com/support.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we are required to retain records relating to previous purchases on the Sites for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at BuildMyBod.com/support. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Security of Personal Information
KP Innovations has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure Financial Account Information when it is being transmitted over the Internet.
10. Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by KP Innovations through your interaction with the Sites. Other websites that may be accessible through links from our Sites may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Our merchants and business partners may have their own privacy statements, too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
12. Changes to this Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new features to our Sites. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information about our privacy practices.
KP Innovations, LLC
Attention: Privacy Office
7777 Hennessy Blvd., PMB #109 Baton Rouge, LA 70808
Please allow 30 days for a response.